Welcome to the FWS Customer Care Center

A place where you can learn more about FWS and connect with us in a snap!


Frequently Asked Questions


When does coverage begin?

Coverage begins as specified in the "Service Contract Period" section of your Service Contract.

If I sell my vehicle, is my Service Contract transferable?

Yes, your Service Contract is transferable to the new owner. A Service Contract may enhance the value of your vehicle and is a great benefit for the buyer, which may help you sell your vehicle faster and at a higher price.

Refer to your service contract for details about the transfer process and any applicable fees.

Does my Service Contract cover parts and labor?

Yes, parts, labor, and fluids for covered components (as specified in your Service Contract) and applicable taxes, less a deductible, are covered by your Service Contract.

Is there a deductible?

Yes, your Service Contract will have the deductible that you selected, such as $0, $50, $100 or $250 per repair visit.




How do I begin a claim?

The process is simple. If your vehicle needs repair, if possible, bring the vehicle to your selling dealer. If you cannot do this, please follow the instructions on your Service Contract and call the toll-free number indicated on the bottom of your contract and a claims analyst will assist you.

Claim payments, less a deductible, may be made directly to the repair facility. There is no paperwork for you to fill out, and since payments are made to the repair facility, there's no wait for reimbursement.

What are the hours of operation for the claims group?

8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET - Monday to Friday

9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET - Saturday

Where can I take my vehicle to use my maintenance coupons?

You should return to the dealership where you purchased your Maintenance Contract or contact Fidelity Warranty Services at (800) 327-5172 for additional instructions.

Can I be sure that any valid Service Contract claim I have will be paid?

Rest assured, we will be here when you need us. Fidelity Warranty Services, through its affiliated companies, has more than three decades of experience with millions of service contracts in force. All service contracts are fully insured and backed by Courtesy Insurance Company, which is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.

And, because claims are paid directly to your repair facility, you do not have to wait to get reimbursed or worry about completing any complicated paper work.

If the dealership where I purchased my Service Contract goes out of business will my vehicle still be covered?

Absolutely! As stated above, Fidelity Warranty Services will be there when you need us.




How do I purchase a Service Contract?

You may purchase a service contract from one of our more than 3,000 participating auto dealerships. Call (800) 327-5172 to locate a dealer in your area.




How do I cancel my product(s)?

The process is simple. There are two ways you can cancel your product(s):

  1. Return to the dealership where you purchased your current product(s) to request a cancellation; or,
  2. Download and complete the following cancellation form that applies to you: Required documents and return instructions are included on the form. Please reference the following Odometer Statement if you choose this method to present proof of the vehicle’s mileage.




What is GAP?

It’s called the "gap." It’s the difference between the Amount Owed on your Retail Installment Sales Contract/Lease Agreement and the Actual Cash Value of your vehicle at the time of a Total Loss. If your car is determined to be a Total Loss, this "gap." could translate into thousands of dollars that you would still owe after the settlement from the auto insurance company. There are limitations and exceptions, so please see your GAP contract for the details, terms, and conditions.

How do I file a claim?

Visit www.mygapclaim.com for information on required documents and to begin filing a claim.

Do I need to continue making my Finance Contract payments while my GAP is being processed?

Yes, continue to make your Finance Contract payments and notify your lender and your insurance representative of the loss immediately. The GAP claim will be calculated from the Date of Loss.

Do you contact my Insurance Company, Lender and/or Dealership for my documents?

No, it is your responsibility to provide the necessary documents to process your claim.

How long does it take to process my GAP claim?

Once all of the necessary documents are received by us, it may take up to 15 business days to conclude your claim. You will be notified via letter upon completion.

What is the time frame to have my claim file updated once documents are submitted?

Allow 3 – 5 business days for your claim file to be updated.

How will I be notified when my GAP claim is completed?

You will be notified once the GAP claim is completed via letter. You may contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-722-4603.

I filed an insurance claim; will the insurance company do the rest?

You are responsible for filing and providing the required documents to process the GAP claim. However, we encourage you to work directly with your insurance company to provide the required documents.

My lender said they will handle my GAP claim, but the GAP Claim Information Form states I need to send in the documents. What is the correct process?

You are responsible for providing the required documents for processing the GAP claim. However, we encourage you to work directly with your lender to provide the required documents.



Our Support Team

Product Support

GAP Claims

Xzilon Claims

Agero Key Claims


DentWizard and SmartShield Claims
FL & WI: 1-888-404-2690

Excess Wear & Tear Claims



General Information

Claims & Customer Service
P.O Box 8567
Deerfield Beach, FL 33443


Kia Branded Program Claims & Customer Service
P.O Box 8567
Deerfield Beach, FL 33443

Volvo Branded Program Claims & Customer Service
P.O Box 8567
Deerfield Beach, FL 33443